IATA letter is a written document that the exporter must attach to the goods, which declares that the load is not dangerous and may be exported by air, according to a given model.
¿WHAT IS IATA?
It is the International Air Transport Association. It enables the cooperation between airlines, promoting safety, reliability, trust and lower costs in air transportation. It can be said that IATA has the following objectives:
- Allow airlines to operate safely, efficiently and economically under defined rules.
- Serve as an intermediary between the passenger, cargo agents and airlines.
¿WHO ARE THE IATA MEMBERS?
It may be any carrier that has the ability to operate a scheduled international air service by the Government of a State belonging to ICAO.
¿AND WHAT IS THE ICAO?
ICAO is the International Civil Aviation Organization, established in 1947. Although it has its own legal personality, currently is the advisory body of the United Nations on International Civil Aviation. In fact, you must be a member of the UN to belong to ICAO. The aims and basic objectives of ICAO are to develop the principles and techniques of international air navigation and to foster the establishment and development of international air transport by:
- Promoting safe progress of aviation.
- Fostering aircraft construction.
- Stimulating the construction of airports, airways and other infrastructure.
- Ensuring that the member states’ rights are respected.
- Promoting safety of air navigation.
- Other related activities.
¿IS THERE ANY SAMPLE IATA LETTER TO FILL IN?
Yes, there is, we leave the sample text that should be included into the document. You only have to copy-paste some data into it.
SAMPLE IATA LETTER
ID / Valid passport or residence permit number_______________
As ____________________________ (1) of the company (2)
with CIF________________________________ or falling in my own name (3) declare that the contents of shipping waybill number _________________ is detailed below:
Likewise I declare that it does not contain dangerous goods and complies with the regulations on goods (IATA and ICAO) and transport without risk for air transport.
In the case that sending electronic devices or its parts declare that the device is turned off, and the batteries are disconnected and separated without possibility of an electrical short circuit.
Similarly, in the case of transporting luggage, I declare that the contents do not contain sprays, aerosols, lighters, matches, flammable liquids or any other objects dangerous for air transport as of the year 20____
from_______________________________ to __________________________________
Company stamp (if applicable):
*** All blank fields are obligatory to be filled in.
(1) Representative/emploee/commercial … of the company (party) enclosing the shipping.
(2) Company Name of the shipping enclosing party.
(3) In case of an individual do not fill the field (1) and (2).